Switch to Main Site
Practice Name

Shea Chiropractic PC

Social Media
Primary Location
750 East Spring Street, Suite D
Cookeville, TN 38501
Phone: 931-526-4084
Fax: 931-526-6801

Office Hours

DayMorningAfternoon
Monday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Tuesday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Wednesday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Thursday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Friday8:00 - 12:00---
SaturdayClosedClosed
SundayClosedClosed
Main Content

1. Will Medicare Insurance cover Chiropractic care?
 
Medicare does cover some of the cost of Chiropractic care. Medicare will pay 80% of covered services in our office. Your secondary insurance plan will cover the remaining 20% of covered services.
 
2. What services are considered covered services under Medicare Insurance?
 
Covered services include adjustments or manipulation. Covered Medicare codes are A98940, A98941, A98942
 
3. What services are not covered by Medicare?
 

  • New patient examinations: Codes: 99201, 99202, 99203, 99204, 99205
  • Established patient examinations: Codes: 99211, 99212, 99213, 99214
  • X-rays No x-rays are covered under the current Medicare plan
  • Physiotherapy: Electric stimulation, hot-cold packs, ultra-sound, cold laser, therapeutic massage, myofasical release
  • Spinal traction or spinal decompression, supplements and orthopedic supports

 
4. Do I need to have my family doctor refer me to a Chiropractor?
 
No, doctors of chiropractic are consider portal of entry physicians and a referral is not necessary.
 
5. If I have been diagnosed with spinal degeneration, osteoporosis or arthritis is it safe to go to a Chiropractor?
 
In most cases yes. We will do a thorough evaluation of each case and determine if chiropractic care is appropriate and safe. I also use specialized techniques to insure the safety of this group of patients. 
 
Dr. Shea also uses a mechanical instrument called the 'Adjustor" it provides effective treatment without the normal twisting, popping and force used in manual adjusting.

Exclusive Offer

Exclusive Offer, New Patients receive Free Consultation.

Name: *
Email: *
Phone: *

Featured Services

Services We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide. Make An Appointment We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule. Schedule an appointment today! Online Forms Our patient forms are available online so they can be completed in the convenience of your own home or office.

Testimonials

Doc Shea is great. When I was at my worst and worked out of town, he came in after hours to help me. I would recommend him to anyone who needs an honest, caring professional to help them. God bless you Doc!

- Christopher Sr.

Office Hours

DayMorningAfternoon
Monday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Tuesday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Wednesday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Thursday8:00 - 12:002:00 - 5:30
Friday8:00 - 12:00---
SaturdayClosedClosed
SundayClosedClosed

Meet Dr. Shea Dr. Shea has been serving Cookeville and the Upper Cumberland's since 1992. He holds degrees in Doctor of Chiropractic, Bachelor of Science and Associate of Arts. He is an active member in the American Chiropractic Association, Tennessee Chiropractic Association, Palmer International Alumni Association and the American Academy of Spine Physicians. Read More

Contact

  • 931-526-4084
  • 750 East Spring Street, Suite D Cookeville, TN 38501
  • Get Directions
Newsletter

Newsletter Sign Up










Community Content